BSF Recruitment 2016 for ASI (RM) and HC (RO) – Directorate General Border Security Force has issued employment notice for the direct recruitment for the post of ASI (RM) and HC (RO) in Communication Set Up – 2015. Interested candidates can read complete detail of BSF Recruitment 2016 for ASI (RM) and HC (RO) such application process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, selection process etc. on this page.
- Pay scale for ASI (RM) : Rs.5200- 20,200 (PB-I) plus Grade pay of Rs. 2800/- per month
- Pay Scale forHC (RO) : Rs.5200- 20,200 (PB – I) plus Grade pay of Rs. 2400/- per month
BSF Recruitment 2016 for ASI (RM) and HC (RO)
Candidates can apply online for the post of ASI (RM) and HC (RO) in BSF Communication Set up – 2015 from the official website at BSF Recruitment portal. Those candidates who apply online on time they will be eligible to download the admit card for written examination. The selection shall be held in two phases as under: – (I) First Phase – Written Test (II) Second Phase – PST, PET, Documentation and Final Medical. Candidates are advised to read carefully all the details of BSF Recruitment 2016 for ASI (RM) and HC (RO) before submit the application form.
Schedule for BSF Recruitment 2016 for ASI (RM) and HC (RO) is given here.
|Availability of Application Forms||16 June 2016 at 0900 hrs|
|Last date of submission Application Form||15 July 2016 at 2400 hrs|
|Admit card issue date||To be announced later|
|1st Phase Written Test||25 Sept 2016 (OMR Based Screening Test)
18 Dec 2016 (Descriptive Written Test)
|2nd Phase Test – (PST, PET, Documentation and Final Medical)||20 Mar 2016 Onwards|
|Final Result||To be Announced later|
Candidates will have to fill the application form online using BSF Recruitment portal. This portal will become active on BSF website with the link rectt.bsf.gov.in during following duration for submission of application form. Candidates are advised to read carefully all the eligibility criteria and other details before submit the application form. The direct link to fill online application of BSF Recruitment 2016 for ASI (RM) and HC (RO) will be available on this page when it will be released officially.
- Apply Online (Link will be available soon)
General and OBC candidates : Rs 50/-
Note: SC/ST & BSF serving personnel and female candidates of all categories are not required to submit examination fee.
Mode of Payment : A Bank Draft of amount Rs 50/- (Rupees fifty) only by General and OBC candidates as the examination fee will be prepared in favour of the Inspector General/DlG/Comdt, to whom the print out of application has to be sent and payable at respective SBI/ post office. Bank Draft number has to be filled in specific column/boxes provided in the online application form.
Note : One print out of online application form along with Original Bank Draft will be sent to the recruitment centers of their choice as selected online, within 15 days from last date of online application form.
(A) Academic Qualification
AS (RM) : Matric with 3 year Diploma in Radio and TV Technology or Electronics or Telecommunication or Computer or Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Domestic Appliances from any institution recognized by the Central Government or State Government. Or 10+2 or Intermediate or equivalent with aggregate marks of Fifty percent with selective subject being Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized Board or University or Institution.
HC (RO) : Matriculation or equivalent and two year Industrial Training Institute Certificate in Radio and TV or Electronics or Intermediate or 10+2 or equivalent with physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognised Board or Institution.
(B) Age Limit
- For General Category : Not below 18 years or over 25 years as on 15 July 2016 (closing date).
- For OBC Category : Not below 18 years or over 28 years as on 15 July 2016 (closing date).
- For SC & ST Category : Not below 18 years or over 30 years as on 15 July 2016 (closing date).
(C) Physical Standards
For Male Candidates
- Height : 168 cms
- Chest : 80 cms (85 cms after expansion)
- Weight : Corresponding to Height and age
For Female Candidates
- Height : 157 cms
- Weight : Corresponding to Height and age
Note 1 : The minimum height of Male candidates falling in category of Garhwalies, Kumaonese, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to the states of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Kashmir and Leh and Ladakh regions of J&K will be 165 Cms. The height for all candidates belonging to ST/Adivasis or Tribals including Mizos and Nagas will be 162.5 Cms.
Note 2 : The minimum standard so far it relates to chest measurement may be relaxed from 80 Cms unexpanded and 85 Cms expanded to 76 Cms unexpanded and 81 Cms expanded respectively for adivasis or Tribals.
Note 3 : The minimum height of female candidates falling in categories of Garhwall’s, Kunaonese, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to the States of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Kashmir and Leh and Ladakh regions of J&K will be 155 Cms. The height for all candidates belonging to schedule Tribles/ Adivasis or Tribals including Mizos and Nagas will be 154 Cms.
(D) Medical Standards
- Minimum distant vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 of the both eyes without correction i.e. without wearing glasses.
- Must pass high-grade colour vision test.
- Must not have knock-knees, flat feet or squint in eyes.
- Must nor be having any defect/ deformity likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
On receipt of printout of online application, completed in all respects, at the respective addresses, eligible candidates will be allotted a Roll Number on the Admission Card, which will be issued to them online as token of acknowledgment of their applications. This Admission Card will be authority for reporting at the Recruitment Center for the Written /Physical and other test etc. Hence candidates are advised to keep safe their admit cad till finalization of recruitment process.
Note : In case candidates do not find Admit card online before id days from the date of examination they should contact the center personally or telephonically where they have sent the application.
The selection shall be held in Two phases as under: –
- First Phase – (i) Written Examination – OMR Based Screening Test and (ii) Descriptive Test.
- Second Phase – PST, PET, Documentation and Final Medical.
(1) First Phase : (i) Written Examination – OMR Based Screening Test and (ii) Descriptive Test.
(i) Written Examination – OMR Based Screening Test : The written examination of 02 hours duration will be conducted at selected centers on the date and time fixed by HQ DG BSF. In the written examination question paper, there will be 100 questions of 200 marks, divided into following four parts.
Negative Marking : For a question of 2 marks of multiple-choice based. 0.50 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
(ii) Descriptive Test : The candidates who qualifies OMR based written test will appear in descriptive test. A separate call letter will be issued to all qualified candidates by recruitment centre concerned to attend the descriptive test as well Second phase.
For ASI/ RM Candidates : A Paper of maximum 200 marks covering Physics, Chemistry, Maths & Electronics subject (12th standard/Diploma level)
For HC/ RO Candidates : Candidates will be tested two categories as per following procedure :-
|(a) Written Test (Descriptive Pattern)||A paper of maximum 100 marks covering
Physics, Chemistry & English (12th standard).
|(b) Dictation Test||Dictation test (in English writing) of minimum
100 words (100 marks).
Both above descriptive tests will be mandatory and the final merit will be prepared on the marks obtained in these tests.
Evaluation /marking system of dictation test is as under: –
- 2.5 Marks will be deducted for each omission/mistake of single letter.
- 5 Marks will be deducted for each word mistake/omission.
The Qualifying marks for all these tests viz. Screening and descriptive tests will be 38% for Genera/ OBC and 33% for SC/ST candidates.
(2) 2nd Phase : PST, PET, Documentation and Final Medical
BSF Recruitment 2016 for ASI (RM) and HC (RO) Final Result
Final Result will be prepared for BSF Recruitment 2016 for ASI (RM) and HC (RO) Separately and merit will be prepared in the following manners.
- AS (RM) – Total Marks obtained in descriptive test out of 200 marks.
- HC (RO) – Total Marks obtained in descriptive test and dictation tests out of total marks (100 +100 respectively)
Procedure for drawl of merit in case of tie
- (i) Candidates who scores more marks in total will be placed higher in merit.
- (ii) If marks are equal then candidates who scores more marks in screening rest (OMR Based) will be placed higher in merit.
- (iii) If in all conditions as mentioned (i) & (ii) the position is still the same then preference will be given to one older in age.
- (iv) In all conditions as mentioncd in (i), (ii) & (iii) the position is still same, the preference will be given alphabetically.
- (v) If any candidate of reserved category finds place in merit without availing any relaxation, they will be placed in merit against the UR category.
BSF Recruitment 2016 for ASI (RM) and HC (RO) – Download Information Brochure