Supreme Court of India decided to hear the plea about NEET UG on 05/05/2016 after hearing on 3rd May 2016. In the last hearing it asked to respond MCI / Minister of Health minister about this matter to state governments. Thousand of students who are appearing in this medical/ dental entrance exams as well as their parents are waiting for positive news from supreme court.
What is the real matter of NEET UG entrance exam?
The Apex (supreme) court of india has finally decided there should be only one entrance exams for medical dental institutes admission in all over india after writ petition of an organization named Sankalp Charitable Trust. This decision was taken by supreme court on just before 3 days from AIPMT 2016 (on 29th April 2016).
What is AIMPT ? AIPMT is an Entrance Test for selection of candidates for admission to MBBS/BDS courses under 15% All India Quota seats in Government Medical/Dental colleges of India under the control of DGHS, Govt. of India except in the States of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana.
As per decision on 29th April 2016 CBSE has conducted AIMPT exam as NEET UG Phase I entrance exam on 1st May 2016. The next NEET UG Phase II was to be taken on 24th July 2016 and result for both Phase exams to be declared on 17th August as per the supreme court judgement. But, the students who appeared in the next phase says they didnt get the necessary time for preparation. All other students who were not appeared in the NEET Phase I believe that there should be only one exam on same day. Those students who studied in their native language (Gujarati/Marathi etc) was argued to take exam in their native language because NEET UG entrance exam medium is only in Hindi/English as per supreme court order. Some state’s stundents like Gujarat aksed that about 30% syllabus is different in CBSE and Gujarat board. So how could they qualify in this exam. So syllabus should be changed in GSEB board. Parents also worried about their students because this is really unexpected problem created by supreme courts’ verdict(order).
What do you think about NEET UG exam? Can you give your opinion.?
I think there are 2 ways to solve this problem,
1. NEET UG should be conducted under below conditions,
– NEET Phase I which was taken on 1st May 2016 should be cancelled and fresh registration should be started for a new NEET entrance exam. So the exam will be conducted in all over india on the same day.
– NEET should be taken in native languages also. Because lacs of science students are currently studying in there native language.
– Date of NEET should be at least 2 months later from regisrtations.
(CBSE Syllabus is also one of the major problem for those student who study as per their board syllabus. But this matter cant solved in one day. So leave this matter.)
2. NEET should be cancelled for this year because,
– Supreme court of India gave the decision in just before 3 days from AIPMT(NEET Phase I) exam. The decision was right but It should not be applied from this year. Thus it clearly shows it was not the right decision because after hearing suddenly this news all science students who were preparing for medical dental entrance exam was in shock.
– Those students who did not participated in NEET Phase I exam on 1st may 2016 will get more time for preparing for next NEET Phase II. This looks like injustice comparing to NEET Phase I students.
– Most of the states science students study as per thier board’s syllabus. So all boards should also change their science syllabus to CBSE syllabus. This process may take 1-2 years. So the supreme court should give the maximum time to these states to prepare their students for NEET UG. In this case other boards medical dental exams should be allowed for 1-2 years for medical admissions in their states. (Native langugaes matters will also solve by this decision)
If NEET UG applied for this year, what kind of steps should be taken by all states Boards?
– All states boards should start classes for preparation of NEET entrance exam as soon as possible.
– Learning materials like question banks/ NEET special books should be given to science students in less time.
– Helplines should be started for specially NEET UG entrance exams in each states.
– All states Boards should start NEET Special page on their website. So all students may get NEET UG updates directly from their boards.
Which states will be affected by this decision?
All india science students who aspiring to take admission in medical dental institutes will affected from this decision. But much effect will be seen in the states of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh and Association of Karnataka Medical Colleges, besides minority institutions like CMC, Vellore.
What is the decision of Supreme Court on NEET UG 2016 on 05/05/2016?
The hearing on ” NEET UG should be Cancelled or Not ” matter will be started on 2.00 pm today in Supreme Court. Stay Connected to NEET UG latest updates page . Thanks for visiting this page.
If you really like my thought about NEET UG matters you may like my fan page below.