Health Manager Kenyan Job At IRC
Health Manager – Hagadera
Employee Type: Regular
Employee Category: Full Time
- Under the direct supervision of the Field coordinator and technical guidance from the Health Coordinator, the Heath Manager shall be responsible for the overall designing and implementation of the Health program that encompasses CHP and Clinical Services sectors.
- S/he will also be responsible for implement evidence based primary health care service delivery.
- He/she shall be expected to monitor and ensure improvement and maintenance of the health indicators as per SPHERE/UNHCR/WHO standards at the Camp.
Health Manager Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- Identify health program opportunities by assisting the health staff to carry out assessments; draft health sector proposals, budgets and plans of action.
- Provide overall coordination of all theprograms under clinical services i.e. pharmacy, laboratory, ophthalmology etc
- In coordination with the Field Coordinator, formulate curative program goals, objectives and intervention strategies.
- Review health programs through periodic field visits.Ensure that program implementation strategies are compatible with overall program goals and objectives.
- Coordinate all referrals of refugee patients as per UNHCR referral guidelines
- Coordinate and manage the healthpromotion, immunization, diseases surveillanceactivities at camp level
- Participate in the Outbreak Control Coordination Team (OCT) and carry out community-based public health interventions during communicable disease outbreaks.
- In liaison with the Field Coordinator develop and implement strong integrated community health strategies using appropriate tools to maximize project impact on the beneficiaries
- Set high quality performance indicators ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines
- Lead and organize camp-wide health campaigns including vitamin A supplementation campaigns, National Immunization Days (NIDs) and other similar campaigns
- Seek out and nurture quality partnerships with community structures Ministries of healthand strategic partners, including international NGOs
- Foster inter program linkage, exchange information and experiences and contribute actively to protection and disaster risk reduction mainstreaming in the health program
Human Resource Management:
- Monitoring and supervising the Health staff both national and refugee to ensure that work is done properly and efficiently
- Routinely monitor staff performance according to their job description and provide written feedback in a timely manner.
- Develop ongoing education programs for health staff.
- In coordination with the Field Coordinator,periodically monitor, evaluate and make appropriate recommendations regarding health, and living conditions of IRC field staff and assist with ensuring that proper health measures are in place according to IRC health requirements
- Review personnel issues and concerns of health staff and assist with determining and implementing solutions.
- Determine personnel needs for field-level activities and in coordination with the Human Resources Lead assist in recruitment of staff.
- Orientate new field staff members on personnel health and safety issues, i.e. scorpions, snakes and diseases unique to the area.
- In coordination with the Field Coordinator and HR Lead, authorize medical evacuation of staff.
- Recommend promotions, disciplinary action and termination of health staff to the Field Coordinator and HR Lead.
- Directly supervise the Medical Doctors, Hospital Matron, Pharmacist, Mental Health Officer, Laboratory in charge, Senior Ophthalmic Clinical Officer, CHP Officers among others
- Contingent upon provision of routine financial reports to the field, ensure adherence to budgets by reviewing expenditures and spending patterns.
- Recommend grant and budget revisions to the Field Coordinator and the Health Technical Team.
- Provide recommendations and interventions to correct any identified deviations that impact budget adherence.
- Monitor closely the morbidity and mortality trends together with all the other health indicators to ensure that prompt actions are taken.
- Attend meetings concerning overall health program issues
- Supervise regular review and revision of training manuals to maintain consistency with the acceptable protocols.
- Maintain updated libraries of manuals and other resources at all field sites.
- Keep the Field Coordinator informed of all developments and issues through weekly situation reports.
Qualifications For Health Manager Jobs In Kenya
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery from a recognized institution or an equivalent with preferably Masters in Public Health
- A mature person of high professional discipline and moral integrity, able to work under stress as the situation may dictate.
- Must be registered with Kenya Medical and Dentist Board and allowed to practice in Kenya.
- Three years experience in tropical medicine or public health in developing countries.
- Training and at least three years experience in health program design and management.
- Ability to work with displaced communities with diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds..
- Proficiency in computer especially in EXCEL and MS WORD is a MUST
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.
International allowances are not available for this position.
Salary and other benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Source: Career Point Kenya
Sign Up in Seconds
Sign up with your email address to receive hot updates straight in your inbox.